Knowledge has a beginning but no end. And Beginning can be as early as kindergarten.
Not sure where to start?
Here are 100 General Awareness Questions That you can teach your kid in PP1 or PP2. You can also download the pdf to teach your kids easily few questions regularly. All questions are categorized on basis of subject. Teaching General awareness questions not only increases knowledge but also help kids learn sentence framing and answering. While Teaching make your kids answer in complete sentence.
So build you kids knowledge and self confidence with these questions.
- What is your name ?
My name is…………………
- What is your father’s name ?
My father’s name is…………………
- What is your mother’s name ?
My mother’s name is………………….
- How old are you ?
I am ….. years old.
- Where do you live ?
I live in …
- What is the name of your school ?
The name of my school is…………..
- Who is your Principal ?
My Principal is…………….
- Who is your Class Teacher ?
My Class Teacher is Ms……………..
- Where is your school ?
My school is in………………………
- How are you ?
l am fine, thank you.
- What is the colour of milk ?
Milk is white in colour.
- What is the colour of a carrot ?
A carrot is orange in colour.
- What is the colour of chocolate ?
A chocolate is brown in colour.
- What is the colour of a leaf ?
A leaf is green in colour.
- What is the colour of a crow ?
A crow is black in colour.
- What is the colour of a sunflower ?
A sunflower is yellow in colour.
- What is the colour of a ripe tomato ?
A ripe tomato is red in colour.
- What is the colour of your hair?
My hair are black in colour.
- What is the colour of the sky ?
The sky is blue in colour.
- What is the colour of water ?
Water is Colourless.
- How many colours are there in a rainbow ?
There are seven colours in a rainbow.
- Name the Colours in the rainbow?
V – Violet
I – Indigo
B – Blue
G – Green
Y – Yellow
O – Orange
R – Red
Parts of the body
- Name the parts of your body.
Eyes, nose, ears mouth, head, hands, legs, fingers, toes are some parts of my body.
- How many toes/ fingers do you have ?
I have ten toes and ten fingers.
- What do you do with your eyes ?
I see with my eyes.
- What do you do with your ears ?
I hear with my ears.
- What do you do with your legs ?
I walk with my legs.
- What do you do with your hands ?
I work with my hands.
- What do you do with your nose ?
I breathe with my nose.
- Which organ is used to taste the food?
Tongue is used to taste the food.
- Why do we eat fruits ?
We eat fruits to be healthy and strong.
- Name the fruits you like ?
I like …
- What can we make with fruits ?
We can make jam, juice and fruit salad with fruits.
- Which fruits is called king of fruits in India?
Mango is called king of fruits in India.
- Which Fruit Contain water inside it?
Coconut has water inside it.
Means of Transport
- How do you go to school?
I go to school by ______.
- Name the vehicles that need fuel.
Car, bus, auto, van, aeroplane, ship.
- Name the vehicles that do not need any fuel.
Bicycle, bullock cart, tonga, boat.
- How many wheels the following vehicles have ?
(Auto Rickshaw, car, bike, bus)
Autorickshaw has three wheels, car has four wheels, bike has two wheels, bus has six wheels.
- Where does an aeroplane fly?
An aeroplane flies in the air.
- On what does a train run ?
Train runs on the rails / tracks.
- Who flies an aeroplane ?
Pilot flies an Aeroplane.
- Name some water vehicles •
Boat, ship and steamer are some water vehicles,
- Where does these vehicles halt –
train, aeroplane, bus & ship.
A train halts at railway station.
An aeroplane halts at air port.
A ship halts at ship yard.
A bus halts at bus stop.
- Which is the fastest means of transport ?
Air ways is the fastest means of transport.
- What is used to take sick people to hospital?
An ambulance is used to carry sick people to hospital.
- Why should we eat vegetables ?
We should eat vegetables to be strong and healthy.
- Name any two vegetables that you like to eat ?
I like to eat ………..
- Name any three root vegetables ?
Potato, carrot and radish are three root vegetables.
- Name the salad vegetables:
Tomato, cucumber, carrot, onion and cabbage can be eaten raw.
- Which vegetable has Crown on its head?
Brinjal has crown on its head.
- Where do wild animals live?
Wild animals live in the forest/jungle.
- Name the king of the jungle ?
The Lion is the king of the jungle.
- Which is the tallest animal ?
The Giraffe is the tallest animal.
- Which insect has colourful wings?
Butterfly has colourful wings.
- Which animal has a horn on its nose?
Rhinoceros has horn on its nose.
- Name a sea creature that has eight legs?
An Octopus has eight legs.
- Where do domestic animals live ?
Domestic animals live in and around our homes.
- Name the animals which give milk ?
Cow, buffalo, goat and sheep give milk.
- Do you have a pet dog at home ?
Yes, I have a pet dog. / No, I don’t have a pet dog.
- Which animal is called ship of desert ?
Camel is called ship of desert.
- Which is the biggest sea animal?
Blue whale is the biggest sea animal.
- Which animal gives us wool?
Sheep gives us wool.
- What is baby dog called as?
Baby dog is called a puppy.
- What is baby cat called as
Baby cat is called a kitten.
- Where does the dog live?
Dog lives in kennel.
- Which flower grows in water ?
The Lotus flower grows in water.
- Where do we see flowers growing ?
We see flowers growing on plants.
- What are flowers used for ?
Flowers are used to make garland, bouquet and for decoration.
- Where do birds live ?
Birds live on trees.
72. How many wings do birds have ?
Birds have two wings.
- Which is the largest bird ?
The Ostrich is the largest bird.
- Which bird can not fly?
Ostrich, emu cannot fly.
- Which bird sleep in the day and awakes
An Owl sleep in the day and awakes at night.
- Which is the national animal of India?
Tiger is called national animal of India.
- What is our national flower?
Lotus is called national flower of India.
- How many colours are there in India’s
Three (Saffron, White and green)
- Which is the national tree of India?
Banyan tree is the national tree of India.
- Which is the national bird of India?
Peacock is the national bird of India.
- What is the national anthem of India?
Jana Gana Mana is the national anthem of India.
- What is the national song of India?
Vande Mataram is the national song of India,
- When do we celebrate our Independence Day?
We celebrate Independence day on 15th August.
- When is Christmas celebrated?
Christmas is celebrated on 25th December.
- Which festival is known as the festival of colours?
Holi is known as the festival of colours.
- Which festival is called the festival of light?
Diwali is called the festival of light.
- When is Republic day celebrated?
Republic day is celebrated on 26th January.
- Where does the sun set?
Sun sets in the west.
- Where does the sun rise?
Sun rises in the east.
- How many days are there in a week?
There are 7 days in a week.
- How many months do we have in a year?
We have 12 months in a year.
- What is the shape of an egg?
Shape of an egg is oval.
- Who does control the traffic?
Traffic Police controls traffic.
- How many colours are there in
India’s National Flag?
Three (Saffron, White and green)
- How many sides does a triangle have?
Triangle has 3 sides.
- How many sides does a circle have?
Circle have no sides.
- Which plant grows in desert?
Cactus plant grows in desert.
- What do you call a house made of ice?
A house made of ice is called an Igloo.
- What is the name of our planet we live on?
We live on Earth.
- What are the people of India called?
People of India are called Indians.